Hey everyone! Hope you all had amazing Thanksgivings. Back when we were brainstorming for our fall blog post ideas roundup, we couldn’t help but come up with a whole list of holiday blog post ideas, too! The holidays are such a fun time to blog, and when you’re doing DIY projects, shopping for family and friends, and trying new adventures and recipes, it’s easy to think of seasonal content to share. Hope these inspire you as much as they inspired us!
1. Volunteer in your local community + write a guide to holiday giving
2. Additionally, write how you are using your blog to give back or how you will in the new year
3. Make a holiday craft using last year’s supplies and blog the finished product
4. Create a guide to “buy or DIY?” popular holiday gifts
5. Brainstorm 5 ways to gift food for the holidays and create a gift guide
6. List all of the small, local shops you’ll support during the holidays (we did!)
7. Don’t forget to blog a big list of all that you’re grateful for during this season!
8. Challenge yourself to try a craft or recipe that seemed too complicated in the past
9. Make cards to send to your creative community and photograph them to share after
10. Create a fashion guide to holiday parties that doesn’t involved christmas colors or gaudy sweaters
11. Post your own 2018 roundup of products you’d use to refresh your workspace
12. Share the business or blog lessons you learned this past year
13. Create a roundup of winter decor in a style you like but wouldn’t normally choose. It’s nice to find new deigns you love!
14. Share which holiday traditions you’ve kept as an adult and which you’ve done away with
15. And of course, share any new traditions you’ve created that you didn’t practice as a child
16. Share a meaningful gift guide where each of the picks are tailored to their recipients
17. Post your favorite books of the year and what you love about them
18. Who is toughest in your life to shop for? Create a guide that would be perfect for them… Perhaps it will inspire others in need of unique ideas.
19. Share a recap of your fave projects from 2017
20. Share your holiday crafting list… Even if you don’t blog about all of your results, you’ll inspire others to get in the spirit of handmade.
21. Don’t forget a post on creative gift wrap! If you’re sending out gifts anyway, this is a great way to challenge yourself and generate content.
22. Share your secrets for taking blog photos during the dreary days of fall
23. If you attend any holiday events or fairs, be sure to plan beforehand: will you do a recap post, social media content, or just share on your Instagram Story the day-of?
24. Make a healthier version of your favorite holiday dessert and see how it compares… You might be surprised!
25. Write a letter to yourself (that your followers can read) to look back on in one year from now.
Happy holiday blogging!