So, we probably should’ve posted this sooner, what with summer officially already here (!!!), but we’ve finally got our latest summer blog post ideas list ready for you. Summer is always a bit of a struggle when it comes to blogging, it’s the time when most of us can soak up new experiences like travel or outdoor time and aren’t necessarily thrilled about sitting down to post a recap. Luckily, even if you just have your phone camera by your side, you don’t need much to put together a great blog post while soaking up the sun!
1. Get inspired by these colorful IG accounts and use them to dream up vibrant new content for your blog and social media. You could even share a post on how you’ve been switching it up afterward.
2. Attending any blog conferences this summer? Make sure to blog the recap.
3. If you love festivals, write out some tips for first timers.
4. Create a recipe with a twist on a classic summer cocktail.
5. Write about your favorite beach reads of summers’ past.
6. Discover a new park in your area and plan a blog photo shoot there.
7. Go on a walk at sunrise and take photos of your neighborhood to share.
8. Get started on fall content early so you’re ahead of the game!
9. Take a creative summer workshop and share what you’ve learned/created in a blog series.
10. Use any downtime in blogging to reach out to other bloggers you’ve always thought of collaborating with and set something up!
11. Share how to get out of a summer fashion rut.
12. How do you update your blog to go with the sunny new season? Share what you’ve changed.
13. If you are a big Instagrammer, offer tips for sharing seasonal content.
14. Log your summer health or fitness goals and check in again before fall.
15. US bloggers: Instead of your normal 4th of July content, share a genuine post on how we can all be better Americans and what that would look like. For us it’s being more welcoming, open minded, and inclusive :)
16. Share your daily summer routine.
17. Utilize our tips for getting more clicks on roundups if you plan to share any wishlists or travel guides.
18. Create a guide to summer fun on a budget, sharing tips for enjoying the weather without spending money.
19. Food bloggers, reinvent the summer salad.
20. What’s the nearest city that you’ve never been to? Head there for your next getaway and take photos for your readers.
21. Or, stay in your neighborhood and try things you’ve never got around to: that cafe that you always think of stopping in, the one shop you’ve never been to, etc., and write a guide to the overlooked spots in your ‘hood.
22. Ask a few friends about their summer plans and use it to inspire some activities you wouldn’t normally do. Be sure to post about any newfound hobbies or travel!
23. If you were in school (or are a teacher) write an end of the year wrap-up of your experiences.
24. I recently did some shopping on Etsy to brighten up my workspace, you could invest in something to switch up your decor for summer and share photos of it in your space. A wishlist of unique items could be helpful for readers, too!
25. Lastly, dig up your summer bucket list or goals from last year or sometime in the past and pick one thing you still want to do + make it happen! It will be nice to share something you finally got the chance to do, and you may be able to revive past content in the process.