Happy first day of Spring! I’ve been visiting family in Seattle for the last week and it’s been so wet that I had to write this post dreaming about all the things I’d do when I get back to Los Angeles! Hopefully you’ll all be able to take advantage of these spring blog post ideas (which are mostly outdoors, I can’t help it) sooner or later!
1. Spring clean your craft area and stock up on some new crafts in inspiring seasonal colors or themes.
2. Walk somewhere that you’d normally drive and take photos along the way. I recently talked to someone who used to drive *everywhere* and once she did this she felt so inspired!
3. Write a guide to what’s in season where you live, whether that’s fruit, flowers, or anything else!
4. Have a photo shoot somewhere the cherry blossoms have blossomed.
5. Take advantage of your extra hour of daylight by volunteering an hour of your time somewhere outdoors, like joining a beach clean up or tree planting group.
6. Plan an event for Earth Day or write some Earth Day themed post. April 22 is coming quick!
7. Start planning summer travel and write about your ideas/plans.
8. Get a cheap disposable camera and document the changing of the seasons. Los Angeles experienced record rain this year so I’m looking forward to sharing photographs of all the green :)
9. Find a new park to picnic in. I always talk to people in my neighborhood who haven’t even heard of some of our great parks! Take photos, of course!
10. Rent boats on a sunny day at the lake/beach and use it as a way to write a guide for others.
11. Which shows or books remind you of spring? Re-read/watch and write a review.
12. Go to a film festive and write a review.
13. Have a crafting day outdoors on the first really warm day, and write a tutorial.
14. Write a spring fashion wishlist without using pastels or florals.
15. Try a new nail polish color and create nail art with it, if you like blogging about beauty.
16. Add some DIY or flea market decor to spruce up your space for spring and give us a tour.
17. Spring is a great time to come out of your shell: take a workshop or join a group to mix things up.
18. Write about your last days of winter and how they turned out.
19. Take your favorite spring drink and tweak it to make it new. (Remember how we talked about repurposing old content in last week’s resources?)
20. What’s your favorite spring fruit? Try a recipe featuring it.
21. Create an Easter or spring brunch and document the tablescape. Here’s last year’s!
22. Spring entertaining posts can be broken down into a whole series. If you love entertaining, you can also post DIY place settings, recipes, hostess gift guides, and so much more!
23. Take a spontaneous day trip. Needing blog post ideas is a good excuse to get away!
24. Incorporate nature into your self-care routine and write about its benefits or struggles.
25. Offer your services or resources to someone as a way of refreshing your spring routine. In my book club we recently talked about resources we could offer each other, and it was really inspiring and helpful. Seems perfect for spring!
How to you keep seasonal content fresh and unique? We wrote some tips here, if you haven’t read them yet!