Each time we do these fun seasonal blog post ideas lists, we go back through the posts from previous years and make it a point to push ourselves to think outside the box. But sometimes once you push past those first few uninspired ideas and force yourself to brainstorm further, it actually leads to really great ideas! We’ll definitely be incorporating a few of these posts into our content calendar next month, and a lot of them can be applied to any type of lifestyle blog. Tell us which ones inspired you below!
1. What’s your word for 2017 and why? If you haven’t thought about it, choose one!
2. Do three things to refresh your home for the new year and write your tips for creating an inspiring space.
3. 2016 was pretty rough for a lot of us. Blog about all the ways you plan to help make this year different.
4. Send a winter care package to someone you love and blog about what you put in it.
5. In the spirit of the new year, try setting a daily intention for a week and write about the experience and whether it set you up for a more successful day.
6. Create an Etsy wishlist full of cozy essentials. Btw, Etsy has an affiliate program, so it’s a great way to earn a small commission while supporting shops you love!
7. What are three positive changes you plan to make this year and how will you do it?
8. Write about how to pull off a cute outfit, even under all those warm layers!
9. Revisit old fave blogs or websites and write about how blogging as changed since you first read them.
10. Try something new–a restaurant, a recipe, a date night activity–and write a review.
11. Now is the time to get out of your comfort zone. What comes to mind when you think of getting out of your comfort zone, anyway?
12. Write your own blog resolutions, or about which ones from our list you’re doing!
13. Check out your posts from last year and reflect on any surprises you see. Sometimes our old posts can inspire new ones–and the ones that didn’t perform can lead to new and improved content.
14. Find snow, take pictures, and upload them to your blog! It’s a winter must :)
15. If you’re planning any travel, write up a packing guide.
16. Round up the top books you plan to read this year.
17. The top lessons 2016 taught you.
18. Jennifer and I have both been revisiting some of our fave crafts this winter. Definitely inspires all sorts of posts!
19. Look through your journal or planner from last year and write a follow up to some of the things you did or hoped to accomplish.
20. Spend a rainy day in a bookstore and make a list of unexpected books that sounded interesting to you.
21. Create a healthy but festive Valentine’s Day recipe that won’t mess up those resolutions!
22. Put a resolution check in on your calendar for a few months away, so you’ll remember to revisit whatever goals and plans you made on January 1st. Blog your findings each time!
23. Plan a date for yourself. Where would you take you? You can blog about your ideas first and then spend the day doing all those things, and post a follow up.
24. Do a common blogging practice that you’ve heard about but haven’t tried yet, like a twitter chat or joining a Facebook group. Log the experience and any tips you learned.
25. If you aren’t inspired by these ideas or run out of steam later in the season, round up some of your top posts and write a thoughtful piece about your favorite articles over the last few months or even year.
Winter is always a hard time for me to feel really inspired when it comes to blogging, but with the holidays over and spring so far away, it’s also a great time to zero in on what you really want. Hope these ideas help!