Everyone seemed to like our 25 spring blog post ideas post so we are excited to continue the theme as we head into summer! I know some of you may be planning a little blog hiatus for vacations or just to enjoy the sunny weather but those of us who plan to pop into our blogs a few times a week need to have content! I personally wrote a list of writing ideas on my own blog earlier this month, but to be honest those prompts aren’t necessarily ones that I’d post about on a lifestyle blog. They were more for the creative writer or journaler. Hopefully the ideas we came up with for summer will help keep your blog fresh and current over the next few months. Happy writing!
25 Things to Blog About This Summer
1. Create a roundup of summer road trip essentials
2. Brainstorm 4th of July entertaining ideas using stuff you already have, and maybe even create a styled shoot around them
3. Create a recipe from a meal you love to enjoy in summer
4. Log your list of summer goals and when you intend to complete them
5. Create a moodboard of fave summer colors—maybe even share how these shades can be used in other seasons too
6. With the weather so nice, why not do something for the environment? Plant a tree, volunteer, etc., and write about it on your blog
7. Try a summery new cocktail and share the recipe and what to pair it with
8. Make and share a fall craft in advance. People are always one step ahead!
9. Visit a new town and create a mini travel guide
10. Write a post about capturing the summer moments and translating those experiences to other seasons
11. Revisit some projects that you don’t have time to during busier months (if summer is a slower time for you)
12. Create a roundup of BBQ recipes
13. 2-in-1: Dream up an ideal summer date and write it out, then execute it and talk about it later!
14. Write about how you keep fit and healthy during the summer
15. 2 words: DIY popsicles. There are SO many out there–but who’d say no to another?
16. Complete a 30 day photo project and blog the experience
17. Do a style post about what you’re living in this summer
18. Brainstorm things you can do for your blog this summer (here are some ideas)
19. Organize a meet up with local bloggers + write about it
20. Create a day for yourself and then recap it. I think summer is a great time to get a way with time off, and you can still be productive while away.
21. Take the time to look up 10 books to add to a summer “want to read” list and share it
22. Try to recreate a day from your childhood or teen years
23. Find a way to create the carefree feelings of a vacation at home
24. Whip up some DIY summer beauty or health treatments from Pinterest and write your results
25. Create a roundup based on your fave summer fashion trends and how you’d do them differently.
Add your own below :)