Hey everyone! A couple of weeks ago, we celebrated two years of running The Blog Market! It’s been incredible to look back and see how far we’ve come. For those of you who aren’t familiar with our story, Angela and I met through blogging a few years ago, eventually met in person, and decided to create The Blog Market – a community and resource center for bloggers and design enthusiasts. Since then, it has grown way more than we ever expected and we are looking forward to sharing content, products, and other surprises for you in the new year. TBM started out as a fun hobby but is now basically a little side hustle for both of us, and we love seeing it grow. :)
Today we’re taking a look back at our top posts of the year for bloggers and creative entrepreneurs!
1. We. Love. Planners. So much. And we’re so happy that our readers do too! Our planner roundups are usually our most popular posts, so this year we decided to post two of them. Click here and here to see our favorite planners for 2017.
2. Styling photos for our blog posts and Instagram has become a huge part of TBM. Earlier this year, I posted a roundup of 10 every day items to use as blog photography props. Check out the list and see if you have any of these items around your house!
3. If you spend a lot of time reading blogs or browsing social media, chances are you’ve thought about the authenticity of the content you see. I love this post Angela shared about how to keep your Instagram authentic.
4. Speaking of IG, Angela also shared a whole post on how she edits her photographs for Instagram. She edits all of the photos for our TBM Instagram account and has wonderful tips on how to create beautiful photos that reflect your personal style.
5. A few months ago, I shared 5 affordable ways to learn to code. If you’re interested in learning to code (whether it’s to tweak your blog design or become a web developer), I highly recommend trying out some options from the list.
6. One of our favorite product roundups this year was a list of the 6 best tablets for bloggers. Tablets are amazing for bloggers who are always on the go. Read this post to find out which tablet would be the best fit for you!
6. Some might say that the first step in creating and engaging in community as a blogger is commenting! It’s such a simple thing to do, but in the midst of the blogging hustle, we often forget how important commenting is. Read Angela’s post of 5 reasons to leave more comments on blogs you love!
7. This year, I decided to temporarily stop posting on my personal blog for a multitude of reasons, but mostly because it stressed me out. I had forgotten how to blog for fun. I wrote this post of 3 simple ways to fall back in love with blogging as a little reminder to myself and to all of you that blogging can still be a creative outlet.
8. In September, I shared 5 ways your blog design can boost your SEO! Implement these quick tips into your site to make sure it’s seen by your ideal audience.
9. If you haven’t noticed, we’re a little non-traditional when it comes to blogging rules. Angela posted series for the rebellious blogger on breaking blogging rules. It’s perfect for those of you who want to start a blog that is unique and different from the typical lifestyle blog. So good!!
10. Here on TBM, we don’t stress a ton about stats, but we do love seeing our pageviews increase. It tends to have a pretty direct correlation to our monthly blog income. View our list of 10 quick ways to boost your pageviews if you’re hoping to increase your readership in the new year!
Well, there you have it! We had a blast writing these posts and we’re thrilled that they were well-received. Thanks for being part of our year. :)
We hope you all have the merriest Christmas!