As 2015 comes to a close, we’ve been reflecting a lot on how The Blog Market has evolved (if you read our birthday post, you know we recently celebrated one year!). It’s been so fun brainstorming content and connecting with bloggers over the last 12 months. We’re constantly inspired to create more helpful resources that are really tailored to this community. It’s an exciting time! In honor of another great year, we pulled up Google Analytics and jotted down our top performing posts of 2015. It wasn’t too surprising, as we got great feedback about these posts and know that many people found them helpful! (So happy about that!) If you missed or want to revisit them, here are our top posts of 2015.
1. The response to this super fun roundup of the best weekly planners for 2016 really blew us away. It’s so gratifying knowing that many of our visitors have the same obsession with organization as we do!
2. Earlier in the year I wrote a series about creating a blogging photography studio at home and shared the best cameras for bloggers. We shared our fave equipment + best purchases. I’m glad so many people saw this because I really love the camera and lenses I use and find them to be essential tools.
3. We rounded up a mega list of which hashtags to use on Instagram to grow your blog and were happy to see a lot of people perfecting their Instagrams in the following months!
4. Jennifer wrote a bit about choosing a color scheme for your blog (so. hard.) and provided a helpful color palette template for those in the process.
5. We also shared our favorite Photoshop tools for blogging which included a lot of shortcuts that have made our lives so much easier over the years!
6. You guys loved our our fall blog post ideas, and we’re planning a winter version next month. Still, the autumn themed post is worth scrolling through for content inspiration throughout the year.
7. Since our first post on hashtags had a great response, I decided to share something that had been on my mind: the link between Instagram + handmade biz. So we posted about our favorite Instagram accounts that will promote your handmade business. Hope some of you got featured!
8. Obviously Instagram was a hot topic this year. Fine by me because I love it! That’s why we posted our favorite VSCO filters for Instagram including the ones we use for our personal accounts and TBM.
9. This tutorial on how to customize Jetpack sharing buttons on WordPress was another popular post. We love that this did so well because being able to set your blog up for easy social sharing is vital!
10. Lastly, Jenn wrote one of my favorite posts of the year, sharing our best tips for using bloglovin’ to your advantage. Bloglovin’ has made a huge difference for TBM and our blogs, allowing followers an easy way to stay up to date and save posts. If you haven’t tried these tips yet, we think you’ll see improvement in your blog traffic and engagement by doing so in 2016!
Thanks so much to everyone who read our posts throughout the year. Just rounding these articles up inspired me so much that I ended up brainstorming many more ideas to kick off the new year. But we’d love to hear which post resonated with you the most? Did any help you design, update, or grow your blog? Let us know which, even if they’re not on this list! xo